Thursday, December 30, 2010

My, how time flies.....

When you totally neglect to post anything!! It has been a crazy time, my friends. Crazy, I tell you!!

First, I have completed the 10 Shawls in 2010 Challenge!! I posted the Arabella today! I am so proud. The Arabella is so pretty, I am pleased to end with this one. I knit it in 8 days.... And ran out of yarn two rows before the end! I realized that it was coming close, tinked a row, leaving the border two rows short, and bound off early. I don't think anyone but the designer could tell! It still needs to be blocked, but I am ok with that.... Maybe this weekend.

By the way, anybody notice the snow in the background? We got THREE INCHES the day after Christmas. Three inches is enough that the news was saying that people should stay inside at all costs for their own safety.... even though it was almost 4o degrees all day. We went to the movies. (True Grit, must see!)


Buttercup, who is dressed as a Christmas elf here, helped with the tree decorating. Can you tell? By the way, surprisingly easy to dress a cat.... Whodathought??

In other BIG NEWS, The Mom and I decided to start a cupcake business. No kidding. Watching Cupcake Wars a couple of weeks ago we were both thinking the same thing, and a business was born.... Dolce Sweet Treats. Yes, I am aware of what Dolce means. I wanted to call it Dolce Cupcakes, but that was taken....

So far, the business strategy is to make free cupcakes and try to lure people into paying me for more later... Here is the first effort- I created snowman minions! Aren't they adorable? Mom and Vickie inserted the jimmies for the eyes... Bless their hearts!



The strategy seems to be working! I have two orders for January.... I have to make more snowmen for a Sunday school class for a lady at work and I have a birthday party coming up at the end of the month! What does a Hawaiian Luau cupcake look like??

Let's see.... I also bought a car! The Cupcake Mobile! I need a door magnet!!

I am sure that I am leaving out many important events, but I can't think of anything else.... Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and is working up to a joy-filled New Year! Here's to hoping that cupcakes get me out of the cubicle in 2011! Love.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hooray for all ten shawls -- and those cupcakes are adorable!

Kara said...

Congrats on the shawl challenge. That is such an amazing feat!

And the snowman cupcakes are adorbs.

~RaenWa~ said...

Congrats on the 10 shawls. Your cupcakes are so cute & good luck in the business.

Anonymous said...

good heavens you've been busy! those snowman cupcakes are just adorable. :) happy new year!