Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The disadvantage of being first....


It is done! Done!! Complete!! Finito! I have spent the last 18 hours feeling very amazed and disbelieving.... But indeed, I finished the holy grail of knitting projects (for me, anyway!) last night, the evening before I had to take it to Columbia. The icord edging, almost invisible here, was done Saturday. I have spent practically every minute since, through multiple episodes of Fringe Season 1 and this season's Amazing Race, tying in ends.


The above picture is SOME of the ends, not even all of them! I could needle-felt a cat out of the remaining ends! There are so many it seems like a shame not to make something out of them.... Who knows? Anyway, as long as you out there in knit-blog land understand what a mountain of ends I had to tie in!


This morning, I officially entered the fair! Above, find a picture of dubious quality as proof of that fact! I am so embarrassed taking blog pictures in situations that other people find, well, goofy that this is all I got! Had I been an intrepid, brave blogger, I would have asked her permission and gotten a good shot. However, I am not brave.

The disadvantage of being the very first person in my line at 7:30 this morning, an hour and a half from my home (besides the obvious wake-up time) is that you don't get to see anyone else's projects! Gotta wait for the fair, I guess.... I am so excited. What a nerd!

3 comments:

ImplausibleYarn said...

So beautiful! It deserves to win a blue ribbon for the sheer force of will to create such a thing. Also, that is quite the pile of ends!

Anonymous said...

this is awesome! hope you enjoy lots of snuggling underneath this as fall arrives!

Laurie said...

Good luck - your project is beautiful!