Monday, October 25, 2010

Embracing the Fair experience.

Which is not hard considering... I WON!!


The yellow ribbon that I am pointing to in the top picture is for my Aeolian, second place overall knitting sweepstakes award!! It also won a blue ribbon for shawls. I am so proud!! And Lizard Ridge won second place afghan! I am a winner! Nerd and award winning knitter!

My mom and I went on to embrace the fair experience. Here is the Cinnamon and Sugar Fried Butter. Yum. Seriously! Tasted like a crispy, buttery doughnut!! And that is to say nothing of the fried dill pickles, the corn dog, the cotton candy....


There were animals.... I am sparing you pictures of llamas, a zebra, pig races, etc. I took LOTS of pictures. Fun, fun, fun!



All in all, we had the best day at the fair, ever! I can't believe I never went before!!

5 comments:

Kara said...

Congrats! But it is no surprise why it won.

Anonymous said...

hooray! congratulations. prizes well-earned.

~RaenWa~ said...

Congrats on the wins your stuff is great.

Laurie said...

Congratulations!!! You deserve every ribbon!!!

birthknits said...

Just saying again how much you rock, and congrats.

I so badly want some of that fried butter. Fried butter! Who fries butter?!? And why do I want it so badly? I can feel my arteries hardening just looking at it, but I'm sure it's yum.