Monday, January 31, 2011

Never go to Ikea alone.


Trust me on this. You WILL find more than you should buy, and you WILL drag it off a shelf that is at higher than eye level, even if it weighs almost your body weight. Then you WILL truly believe that you can turn into the Incredible Hulk and heave a box of furniture that weighs nearly your body weight into the back of your car. And you WILL suffer for it later.... I survived the trip, thanks to a very nice Greek stranger in the parking lot who helped me heave the heavier of the boxes into my car.... He kept saying "Is ok." I think he thought I was crazy, but he helped me nonetheless.... Perhaps to give his wife and children time to escape.....

On a happy note, however, see my new Malm-in-progress above! That was yesterday, and while it resembles more a piece of furniture rather than an angry black octopus now, it is still in progress. It came with 14.8 million pieces, and I didn't have the fortitude to finish in one sitting. Pathetic.

However, I DID finish something this week! Ariel Shawlette, finished but not blocked!


Not only do I love this shawl, I LOVE MY NEW CAMERA. I am a happy crafter. Sigh!

1 comment:

birthknits said...

What kind of camera?!?!?!?!?!?

Also, can I just say that I am jealous as can be that you HAVE an IKEA to go to? I'd have to drive five hours to get to one. Meh.