Monday, December 1, 2008

Apparently I cannot knit and blog at the same time.



So, here I am again, all this time later. Now it is a perfectly good time to be obsessed with Christmas knitting! I have made it all the way to the weekend after Thanksgiving, and I still feel like there is a mountain of work to be done! Here is the Christmas list update:


1. Color Block Cardigans-done and delivered to Brenda the Friday before the holiday. They were adorable, and have cemented my hatred for tying in ends!


2. The sweater formerly known as Butthead- done but for tying in ends. Did I mention how I feel about tying in ends? I am not putting a picture here, because Butthead himself reads my blog. My one and only follower.... And he can't see his present until Christmas! (You thought I would slip up, didn't you??)


3. Lauren's bag- Changed this to a Brea bag. I still have to line it, but I found the BEST fabric for it! I got MONKEY fabric. It is so funny!! I am a little scared to start trying to line it, but I will have to bite the bullet soon....


4. Sock Monkey Hats- yes, that is right, hats! I decided that it was so funny that I had to make two. Uncle Jim, henceforth known as UJ, is lucky recipient number two. They still need their ears and their little faces embroidered on....


5. Susan's Clapotis- Oh, so beautiful. She has been copiously admiring my mom's version, so hopefully, she will be thrilled with hers. Now I want one made in the same yarn!
6. Vintage Bubble Bags- I ordered the Noro Silk Garden today to make one of these for Carla and one for Brenda from work. They work up quickly and I think they are very nice.
7. Stocking for Roberta- done but for tying in the ends and doing a hanger. (Those damned ends!!) My first large scale fair isle project and also my very first sock. It is not perfect but I am proud of the way that it turned out!
8. Hat for Chalmers- have to decide on something.... I will make this from yarn I already have, but I have to nail down a pattern this week! Very tempted to do fair isle again....
9. Brea Bag for Brenda's sister- I got Lion Brand Fisherman's wool in a beautiful taupe-y brown for this, and she is going to help me pick out the lining next week. I have one side done and can whip up the rest of it pretty quickly. I will use a belt for the handle, which I believe I found at a thrift store. I love this pattern!
10. Nantucket Jacket for Mom- finished the first front panel this morning. Since she knows about it, she is aware that it might not be done by the 25th. I am steaming away on it, though. I like this pattern, too. It is made form the Debbie Bliss Cashmarino that she bought on sale, that beautiful bright red. It is a very complicated, textured pattern, but very easy to knit somehow.... I hope it is as great as I think it will be.
11. Clogs for UJ- Don't know why I committed to knitting YET ANOTHER project before the holiday, but UJ is coming for Christmas (yeahhhh!) and we decided to beef up his present! Gotta get a pattern, will knit from stash.
Now it is clear why it has been months since I have posted, right? I haven't put the needles down for five minutes! (And Ian just fixed my wireless Internet over the weekend, thank you very much!!) I will be here... knitting, knitting, knitting, knitting, knitting......

No comments: