Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lenten fasting.

Anyone who knows me at all will know how very ironic it is that I am giving up Pepsi for Lent. That I am giving up ANYTHING for Lent!! But, there you go. I have been trying to give it up gradually for a while now for the calories, but I am such a slave to caffeine that I have failed miserably. Now Sherrie at work said that this is what she is giving up, so I have decided to quit today. People who know me, you know that I will now act like a bear who is not ready to come out of hibernation, and you may want to give me a wide berth. Grr.

In knitting news, today I shall block the Swallowtail shawl. You can't rush these things. Yesterday, I undertook the monumental task of bringing the blocking mats in from the shed, after which I had to take a rest. :-) (Now that I have put it on the blog, I HAVE to finish it, right??)

1 comment:

birthknits said...

Yeah - that you're giving up anything for Lent! I like it, though, as an exercise in self-discipline... something I've been thinking about a lot lately and something I really need more of! Glad you didn't decide to do anything crazy like giving up yarn, though. Good luck!