Thursday, February 4, 2010

The only kind of Nook-e I have gotten recently!

The Nook E-reader, that is. (That name seems well-thought-out, don't you think?) My Nook came! I have decided to call him Steve. (Over the Hedge. Anyone? Anyone?) Anyway, I madly love him, and he has become my constant companion. I read the latest Sookie Stackhouse in less than 24 hours! You just can't stop turning the pages!! Gadget love.

Now I just need to figure out how to upload a PDF to the thing and I will be in gadget heaven!

Here is what knitting at my house looks like recently:This is Buttercup, perched in her very favorite spot in the entire world, my left boob. I love her. She is the sweetest cat you would ever want as a knitting companion, but I swear, that boob is sitting a little lower since she took up residence.... She is absolutely relentless when she wants to be someplace, too, and she can make biscuits (as I have heard the kneading called) for two straight hours without a break. There are times when I think she has fallen asleep and sheer momentum has kept her going! I just hope that Julie doesn't mind knitted-in Buttercup hair in her wedding shawl!!

3 comments:

Karen said...

Ah, sweet Buttercup. I have a knitting companion as well but she often leaves in a tiff when she gets nudged off the project. I'm still reading books the old fashioned way, and I don't know Steve, but sounds like a great addition to your life!

birthknits said...

Oh my... gauntlet has been thrown down for me to post a knitting picture with MY boob companion...

:-O

Kara said...

What a funny picture! Have fun with your Nook.