Sunday, February 22, 2009

Seriously, I will never finish anything....

This blurry picture taken four minutes ago on the couch is the Cosima in Cuzco by Berroco. I love, love, love this yarn.... It works up quickly and it has a GREAT texture. It is making me love reverse stockinette, even! I have done over half of the back in about a day and a half, which is progress that I can't help but enjoy.
I have started this in lieu of finishing any of the other projects that I have going on right now! I am blogging while I watch Revolver, starring my beloved Jason Statham. After this I may work on the lining of the Bravo Bag, which is mocking me from it's 97% done state.
My friend Shannon, from long ago, got back in touch with me through Facebook. I had no idea that I would like Facebook so much! All in an effort to keep in better touch! It is working. I have talked to people from high school for the first time in twenty years, I have become "friends" with people from UNC and Hiram that I would have probably drifted away from. It is silly, but I like it anyway. :-)
I went to the library yesterday for the first time in a long time. Not an all-together bad experience! Libraries still make me sleepy, but I got a card and checked out a couple of knitting books. One of them was a Kaffe Fassett book from 1985. I love his color work, and I have been infected by a terrible desire to make big, bloused sweaters with shoulder pads! I got it because of one that is worked side to side in a t-shape. It looks like it could be a cute scarp yarn sweater.... I know they are dated. They are just so fun!
Yesterday was my eating free-for-all day for February. Started the day with IHOP and ended it with Pepsi and Reece's Peanut Butter Cups. Oh, how I love the free-for-all day! It is my invention to stay legal without being deprived. I probably gained four pounds yesterday, but it was totally worth it. Had dinner with Julie and her daughter. She is my fabulous new friend! It was fun!
All in all, it has been a good weekend. I don't want to go back tomorrow, though. Sigh.

No comments: