Friday, April 25, 2008

The countdown....

I have this fear that it is going to be me and my mom sitting at Barnes & Noble knitting away tomorrow at 3PM. I guess worse things have happened, since our Saturday would have somehow involved coffee and sitting together knitting, anyway, but I want more people to get interested!! I have printed flyers with the blog and the contact information for the group to give out if someone asks during the meeting, and I have a sign holder to put on the table to let people know that it is ok to just jump in and introduce themselves.... I just need to remember that we will have fun and knit either way, and if I am persistent with the whole thing, it will happen!

Didn't knit a stitch last night, got sucked into the land of computer mah jong and became zombified. I seriously think that psychologists should do studies on the hypnotic effect of that game!! I will literally match tiles until my hand aches from clicking or I realize that the same show has come on again in the middle of the night as I saw earlier! I just had to have a break from the same stitch for a day.... I have the bag here at work with me today, so I can show off and knit at lunch. It keeps me motivated! Plus, if people see me knitting, maybe they will want to join the group!! Always thinkin'....

For many reasons, I am ready for this week to be over! The most exciting of which is that the yarn we ordered should be here today or tomorrow! My mom ordered yarn to make a shell to take to Italy (lucky dog!) and I ordered a beautiful cotton blend to make a kimono! I am SO excited about making the kimono, I can't wait. I must finish the bag first, but yippee!! I can't wait to see the yarn. It should be interesting to make too, being a lace pattern and will be the first one that I absolutely cannot avoid blocking. Ah, a challenge!

No comments: