Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Untapped.

Here it is in all its untapped potentiality, my sewing machine:


Isn't it wonderful? I haven't even plugged it in yet. I am just wallowing in the fact of its existence, in its belonging-to-me-ness. I could sew anything, anything at all. No project is too big for my 1000+ stitches all programmed in just for me. I could even sew eight, count 'em, eight layers of denim if I wanted to!! I know because it was in the video on HSN!


Maybe tomorrow I will take it out of the case.... :-)


Today was a much better day than the last few. For starters, migraine gone. That always makes for a better day! Next, I spent my whole day in the cube dreaming about a new kind of stitching... with my previously mentioned wonder machine! The week is now speeding right along, so hopefully it will be over before I know it!


Then I can go to the Columbia Museum of Art to see their show, Turner to Cezanne: Masterpieces from the Davies Collection. I am constantly impressed with the high quality operation they are running over there in Columbia. For such a tiny little museum, they get some great shows. The museum itself is lovely, too. I am looking forward to the trip!


And here is a terrible picture of the You-tee that I have been working on. (Man, I have GOT to work on my still-life photography skills. Would you believe I have a DEGREE in photography???) Just wanted to get an idea of the color on here.... If it tells you how out of it I was yesterday, I left my knitting on my desk at work when I went home for the day. And did not remember doing it. As a matter of fact, I was completely convinced that I had a memory of carrying it into the house.... My how the mind plays tricks! The tee is coming along well. I love the yarn, which I have used before, and this is my favorite color on the planet. It has a beauty that just can't be seen in the blurry monstrosity of a photo that I included here.... There are pale tweedy bits that result from the silk not taking they dye the same way, and every once in a while there is a tiny patch of brown that gives it so much depth and texture.... I couldn't be happier.

Now if I can just keep the cast-on edge from snapping, as it did on the ill-fated kimono. (I swear, one of these days, I WILL knit a kimono. It is like Don Quixote and the windmill. I will keep coming back.... No matter how they mock me for my futile efforts.) I tried something new to try and prevent that. I knitted it on instead of the long tail cast-on. It does seem much, much stretchier. (Is that a word? If not, I decree it so!)

Thanks to my commenters for your kind words about my terrible day! And my adorable doggie! She likes the collar, but you should see what happens if I try to put a t-shirt on her!!

1 comment:

lunaticraft said...

1000+ stitches? Wow, that really is a wondermachine! Enjoy it! =D