Monday, June 8, 2009

Ok, NOW I get it.

Sexy, huh? What is it, you ask? Why it is the product of my weekend sock knitting class! I went to Charlotte Yarn to take a heal and toe technique class from Wendy of Wendy Knits. Awesome!! If all I had learned was Judy's Magic Cast-On, it would have totally been worth it! And the class was lots of fun, to boot. Charlotte Yarn is the first thing to make me want to move to Charlotte! Totally worth the two and a half hour drive, especially since it was for my birthday.... :-) Gotta love a celebration that just goes on and on!

While I was there, I got some sock yarn. I had to, for the class. That is my story and I am sticking with it, anyway! The one above is J Knits Superwash Me Sock. It is the finest sock yarn I have ever gotten ahold of, and still it seems to be working up huge. This seems to be a knitting theme for me! The color is really much more turquoise than it looks in the photo, and it has very, very little bits of variegation. Love! PLUS, I got some Silk Garden Sock, which I could not resist! I love Noro, no matter what anyone says.... AND, I got a skein of Dream in Color Smooshy. Ahhh, Smooshy. It is the most beautiful black, which has other colors shining through like a blackbird's wing. If it was shiny, I would say it was iridescent. It is so fabulous that I am saving it for when I am better at sock knitting!!

Also, I got to meet Cristi, aka TurtleGirl. She writes one of my favorite blogs, and I had no idea she worked at Charlotte Yarn until I emailed for advice after I registered for the class! Very exciting. She was very gracious and friendly, despite the fact that I probably came across as some kind of crazed stalker! I am putting off sending the "nice to meet you" email for a while, so maybe I seem less nutty... Wonder if that works? Anyway, I am not a crazy person, just someone who enjoys knitting news and Tabby Tuesday, and it was exciting to meet her and Wendy on the same day!!

Can you tell that I learned how to link things in my blog without including the whole url in the text just today?? I am the biggest dork when it comes to technology, which is scary considering what I do! And it seriously jeopardizes my status as a full-fledged nerd!! I console myself with the fact that Gibson, the father of CyberPunk, didn't own a computer when he wrote Neuromancer....

I feel some fabric madness coming on. I don't know what is coming over me, but I am developing a serious urge to sew something! And I am falling in love with the Barcelona Skirt by Amy Butler. I wouldn't want to sew something I already have the pattern for. That would just be silly! I may settle for one of the great bags whose pattern I already have.... Depends how practical I am feeling when I head to the fabric store, probably.

Ok, I am off to enjoy the rest of my vacation day! I have been cleaning all day, with a brief break for coffee with Susan. I love days off, wish I had more.... Happy day!

No comments: