Thursday, June 18, 2009

One down....

Lookie what I did!! I finished one!! I am pretty proud of me..... It turns out that if you read the instructions carefully, that the directions for socks from the toe up DO work. Silly me.... What a fantastic shot of my fish-belly white leg.... That is another good reason to wear socks, so nobody will have to be subjected to that sight!
Just to avoid any hit of Sockholm Syndrome (remember when I invented that phrase? Sure is coming in handy now, huh??) I am casting on right away for sock number two. I can't tell you how tempted I am to use the size zeros that I got in Columbia last weekend for the second one. The first one is just a little big..... But that would just be stupid, wouldn't it? Then one would fit snugly and one would be bigger. Stupid. Next pair, right sized needles, I promise!
My yarn is J Knits Superwash Me Sock, and it has the most lovely subtle color variation, in the best blue. Words escape me tonight, probably due to possible allergy medicine overdose. Here is another one, just cause I think it is pretty:
The next pair on the needles will be the Rivulets, also by Wendy. That is what mom is working on, and I am experiencing serious sock envy. She is using Schoeller Stahl Fortissima Socka, and it is fabulous! It really looks like light on water, perfect for the pattern. No pooling, which I love. Here is a progress shot of hers:
Maggie approves of the whole process. Either that, or she is hoping that my camera will open up and peanut butter will be dispensed....
Man, I can't find anything to hyperlink in this one. I am disappointed! I will have to work harder this weekend!!



2 comments:

Kara said...

Amazing what the instructions can tell us! ;) Great job, now onto the other one!

lunaticraft said...

Very very nice. Great color too!