Thursday, June 4, 2009

This week doesn't seem to hate me, but it does seem to be trying to mess with my head....

First, what little bad news there is: I had to get my battery replaced. It was ten years old, so it had lived a long and useful life, and today was time for it to move on to greener pastures. The funny thing about the whole thing was the trip to Advance Auto Parts.... The lady who sold me the battery asked for my car's equivalent of name, rank and serial number. When I told her, her eyes actually got wide and she uttered this perplexing question: "Where IS your battery." Truly, I had no idea how to answer that question! My mouth opened and closed a couple of times, and I finally mumbled something like "um, I don't know... under the hood?" I sincerely had no clue that there were options to that question, that there were alternative battery placements!! Turns out mine is in the standard spot, which is sometimes not the case. Sometimes they are in strange places like the wheel well or under the backseat! All in all, one of the strangest questions anyone has ever asked me.....

The hilarity managed to continue, because the battery in my car was bolted in with a bracket that could have deterred thieves if the stupid thing had been made out of gold!! The very nice Advance Auto Man who was helping me, however, not only persevered, but did so with remarkable good humor!! Now I am good for another ten years, right?

Another mind bending thing that happened this week: I posted a lament for my late, great, beloved Malibu bag on Ravelry to see if anyone knew of any great knitting bag type things for potential replacements... What do you mean, bid for sympathy?? Me??? Anyway, some good suggestions and the kind regards of fellow knitters ensued, and get this, a VERY NICE girl named Tara SENT ME HERS!!!! Words cannot express my gratitude!!! I don't even know what to say about that!! Fortunately, she put her return address on the box so that I can send her something wonderful in return.... Love knitters, love Ravelry!!

I am going to have another piece of birthday cake. Yum.

1 comment:

lunaticraft said...

Ravelry is such an amazing community. Stories like that help me see through the sometimes petty drama that happens on the forums and reminds me how amazing ravelers really are.